Pragmatic Marketing Releases 18th Annual Product Management and Marketing Survey Results
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., July 31, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Pragmatic Marketing, the leading authority on product management and marketing, has released the results of its 18th Annual Product Management and Marketing Survey. More than 1,700 people from over 45 countries responded to the comprehensive survey, which explores the types of challenges product teams face around the globe and the compensation they earn for facing those challenges. The survey also provides a benchmark for the industry and helps professionals, analysts and executives keep a finger on the pulse of a rapidly evolving area of technology companies.
Among the key findings:
- Inconsistent role definitions persist. Respondents reported 486 different titles for the roles of product manager/product marketing manager.
- Product teams remain mired in the tactical. They spend the bulk of their time—72 percent—on tactical activities, leaving little time for high-value strategic activities.
- Companies don’t know why they’re losing. Fewer than 32 percent of respondents performed win/loss analysis.
- They also don’t know if they’re winning. Only about 20 percent tracked product profitability.
- Pricing continues to be an afterthought. While 61 percent of respondents said their companies used value-based pricing, 45 percent didn’t price a product until right before (or after) release.
The survey was conducted between Nov. 10 and Dec. 15, 2017. You can download the full survey results here.
About Pragmatic Marketing, LLC
Founded in 1993, Pragmatic Marketing, LLC, helps companies build and market products people actually want to buy. The company’s full-service offering enables organizations to grow revenue, go to market faster and improve customer satisfaction ratings. The proven Pragmatic Marketing Framework is being deployed in more than 8,000 companies today. For more information on training for your organization, please visit www.PragmaticMarketing.com or call 480-515-1411.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pragmatic-marketing-releases-18th-annual-product-management-and-marketing-survey-results-300688975.html
SOURCE Pragmatic Marketing