Kudelski Security Announces Plans for Black Hat USA 2018, DEF CON 26
CHESEAUX-SUR-LAUSANNE, Switzerland, and PHOENIX, July 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Kudelski Security, the cybersecurity division within the Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S), today announced planned participation at Black Hat USA 2018 and DEF CON 26 in Las Vegas, NV, next month. The company plans to focus on Intelligent Cybersecurity topics and solutions during Black Hat, including a thought leadership dinner on Security Agility; its third annual Black Hat Bash; and two debrief sessions to discuss hot industry topics, engage with security leaders on emerging cyber trends and possible collaboration opportunities, and announce the winners of this year’s Crypto Challenge.
On the heels of Black Hat, security researcher Yolan Romailler and security engineer Nils Amiet will give a presentation titled, «Reaping and Breaking Keys at Scale: When Crypto Meets Big Data.» The presentation will focus on the vulnerability of public keys and potential for data and privacy compromises. Romailler and Amiet built a public key reaping machine, which will be open sourced, and operated it on a global scale to collect and test keys for vulnerabilities. In the presentation, they will demo the machine, discuss the vulnerabilities discovered and the implications of their research. The presentation takes place on Saturday, August 11th at 1:00 pm PT.
Following are details of the Kudelski Security events:
- Crypto Challenge: Kudelski Security launched a new set of crypto challenges for Black Hat 2018. The second annual crypto contest started on July 10th and ends on August 7th at the Kudelski Security Black Hat Bash atop the Mandalay Bay hotel. This year there are three challenges; participants who complete all three can win one of five Ledger Nano S hardware wallets, each with approximately $100 in ETH. Rankings are determined by the time of submission. Click here for more information, including instructions, terms and conditions.
- Black Hat Thought Leadership Dinner – «Security Agility: Security at the Pace of Business»: Kudelski Security will bring together senior security leaders to discuss security agility issues. The discussion will be led by Nathan Hamiel, Black Hat Board Member and Kudelski Security’s Director, Research. The dinner will take place on Monday, August 6th from 7:00 – 9:00pm PT at Aureole Restaurant, Mandalay Bay.
- Third Annual Black Hat Bash: In addition to announcing the winners of the Crypto Challenge, join us and select technology partners on Tuesday, August 7th from 6:00 – 9:00pm PT at the House of Blues Foundation Room Lounge, Mandalay Bay. Early-bird registrants will be entered into a drawing for one of three Ledger Nano S hardware wallets, each with approximately $100 in ETH. Click here to RSVP.
- Kudelski Security Debrief Sessions: Led by Kudelski Security experts, these will take place from 4:30 – 6:00 pm PT (see schedule below) at Mandalay Bay Suites. Click here to RSVP and be notified of the suite number:
- Wednesday, August 8th – «The Next Cyber Battlefront: IoT & Organizational Technology»: Join Chief Technology Officer Andrew Howard for drinks and an informal discussion to unpack some of the key discussion points from the conference.
- Thursday, August 9th – «Blockchain»: Join Yolan Romailler, security engineer and Nathan Hamiel, Director, Research and Black Hat Board Member, for drinks and a discussion on blockchain.
Media and analysts interested in meeting with Kudelski executives at the shows should contact [email protected].
About Kudelski Security
Kudelski Security is the premier advisor and cybersecurity innovator for today’s most security-conscious organizations. Our long-term approach to client partnerships enables us to continuously evaluate their security posture to recommend solutions that reduce business risk, maintain compliance and increase overall security effectiveness. With clients that include Fortune 500 enterprises and government organizations in Europe and across the United States, we address the most complex environments through an unparalleled set of solution capabilities including consulting, technology, managed security services and custom innovation. For more information, visit www.kudelskisecurity.com.
John Van Blaricum
Vice President, Global Marketing
+1 650 966 4320
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kudelski-security-announces-plans-for-black-hat-usa-2018-def-con-26-300683832.html
SOURCE Kudelski Security